OPERATIONAL SWISS ARMY KNIFE.
Over the past ten years I've held a variety of operational roles in SF- and NYC-based tech startups, from the teeny tiny (just me!) to 200+ teams. As a Chief of Staff, most of my experience is in goal-setting and project management for teams, with an additional focus on executive assisting and operations.
By day, I oversee strategy and growth for Innovation Department, a tech incubator and fund, and DojoMojo, a partnership marketing company. I also partner with new entrepreneurs to help them work through problems, set up a basic online presence or just generally bounce around ideas.
A compulsive organizer, I also enjoy helping folks declutter their apartments and find fun, budget-friendly decor for their homes.
THINGS I'VE LEARNED THE HARD WAY.
- how to quickly admit when I'm wrong
- project management for teams
- strategy planning
- executive + time management coaching
- how to actively listen
- goal setting + OKR process implementation
- leadership meeting facilitation
- budgeting + financial management
- how to make a decent negroni
- fundraises + due diligence
- insurance/risk prevention management
- that redeyes are awful
- insurance management
- contract negotiation vendor management
- real estate searches + leasing
- maintenance + construction management
- event planning
- recruiting, onboarding and talent calibration
PLACES I'VE WORKED.
DIRECTOR OF GROWTH AND STRATEGY, INNOVATION DEPARTMENT
Building brands that matter.
Chief of Staff, Digital Ocean
Simple cloud computing, built for developers.
CHIEF OF STAFF AND OPERATIONS MANAGER, CHARTBEAT
Building the attention economy.
DIRECTOR OF RECRUITING, BETTS RECRUITING
Matching sales, marketing, and customer success talent with the world's most innovative companies.
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE, AXIOM LAW
A leading provider of tech-enabled legal services.
Monkey feeder, A THAI jungle
STUFF PEOPLE PUT ONLINE.
- Barely Legal: BHDM's Colorful Office for Axiom Law, Interior Design Magazine
- John Bakel: Behind Closed Doors, Modern Man
- How Chartbeat built an energetic, dog-centric company, BeCulture Radio Podcast